Action 7 Ensure that maternity care practices throughout the United States are fully supportive of breastfeeding.
1. Improve hospital maternity care practices.
2. Increase the number of Baby-Friendly Hospitals in Idaho.
Action 8 Develop systems to guarantee continuity of skilled support for lactation between hospitals and health care settings in the community.
1. Foster communication and build a strong networking system among stakeholders.
2. Coalition support in acute care to community-transitional support for late preterm and at risk infants.
Action 11 Ensure access to services provided by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants.
1. Licensure for IBCLCs in Idaho.
There is increased risk of ear infections, diabetes, obesity, SIDS in
infants who are not breastfed. Not breastfeeding is also linked to a
decrease of 5-10 points IQ. There is increased risk of breast cancer
and ovarian cancer in mothers who do not breastfeed.
My baby is now 100% breastfeeding on both side and she is not using the nipple shield and refuses to take a bottle. Thanks for all the help with breastfeeding.
When the hospital found out I was still breastfeeding my 22 month old son they were so excited. They encouraged me to breastfeed frequently while he was in the hospital with RSV.TI ,